Thursday, September 25, 2008

Memorable Moment: Wild Turkeys

I was in my usual morning rush, bolting out of the house to make it to work on time. As I busted out the front door, I stopped dead in my tracks. A flock of wild turkeys had invaded the driveway. There they were, walking around my car, rather aimlessly. A few seemed to take a keen interest to my back bumper, as they congregated around it. At one point, one of the largest birds extended its wings, taking a stretch. There were a few smaller baby turkeys, as well, which I found adorable. I wondered where the birds usually hung out, since none of them had ever wondered into my yard before.
I didn’t know what to do. I had to get to work. But, was I about to disturb the turkeys’ morning coffee clutch? How would I even go about shooing them away? I pondered the idea of getting an umbrella and running through them, opening and closing it, like Sean Connery did in Indiana Jones. But what if they attacked me? These were “Jersey” turkeys after all. And, they seemed so peaceful, oblivious to the stress they were cau sing me. I decided to call in late and pull out the camera instead.

No comments: